1. What is Velvet?
Have you matched with someone on other dating apps, but didn’t know how to start the conversation? Are you tired of receiving messages from matches that say “Hey” and the conversation instantly fizzles? Are you looking to meet someone new and actually get to know them?
If so, then Velvet is for you!
Using Velvet, getting to know your match has never been easier!
- Instantly know how compatible you are with potential matches based on 21 personal preference questions.
- Match with people in your area and play games that will allow you to instantly get to know each other.
- Once you and your match complete a game, you will be able to view everything you have in common and send ice breakers.
- Want to start a conversation? Send an icebreaker based on your game results of things that you have in common.
- Play with who you want, when you want. You will receive 2 Instant Matches per day where you can instantly start a game or chat with anyone that you please.
Velvet is completely free to use! Users who are looking to get premium content have the option to upgrade to Velvet Premium.
2. Where can I download Velvet?
Velvet is currently available on the Apple App Store. Velvet will be available on the Google Play store in the future.
3. Is Velvet free?
Velvet is a free app to download. The entire app is free to use; however, if you’re looking to take things to the next level, you’ll want to purchase the Velvet Premium subscription which includes over 50 intimate decks and various other specialized content to play. The subscription service is $2.99/month or $23.49/annually.
4. Can I use Velvet anywhere?
Velvet is currently only available in the United States and Canada.
1. How do I create a Velvet account?
Once you download Velvet, you will make an account by signing up through Facebook or email. You will be asked to enter your first name, birthday, and gender. You will then need to add a profile picture picture in order to complete registration.
2. What is the initial Preference Deck?
When signing up for an account, you will complete the initial Preference deck which contains 21 cards. Once completed, you will see stars on each user’s profile, showing you how compatible you are based on your preference deck answers. Your answers to your Preference deck will live in your profile.
3. Can I replay my Preference Deck?
Head over to your Settings tab > click on replay Preference Deck
1. What is a connection?
If both users swipe right on each other’s profile, you will be matched and they will be considered a ‘match.’ Once considered a match, they will show up in your connections tab and you will be able to play hundreds of decks with them and chat.
If you decide to Instant Match ⚡with someone, they will also show in your connections tab.
2. How can I unmatch with someone?
Go to the Connection’s tab > swipe left next to the partner you are looking to delete > click “Delete.”
3. I accidentally unmatched with someone. Can I restore my match?
If you delete someone from your Connections tab, you will automatically disappear from their matches and they will no longer appear on yours. Deleting a match is a permanent action and cannot be undone.
4. How can I report offensive behavior or flag a user?
If you go to a users profile and scroll to the bottom of the page, you will notice a “Report” button. Tap this and you can flag the user. A notification will automatically be sent to the Velvet team and we will review it quickly.
5. How can I block a user?
If you go to a users profile and scroll to the bottom of the page, you will notice a “Report” button. Tap this and you can block the user. You will automatically be removed from each other’s connections list and no longer have access to play or chat. Once you block a user, you can’t unblock them.
1. How do I match with other users?
Once registering for an account, you will start seeing other users in your area from closest to furthest in proximity. If you both show interest in each other, you will be considered a match and be able to play hundreds of decks and chat to get to know each other.
2. What do the 5 stars represent?
Based on the initial Preference Deck that you have completed, the stars symbolize how compatible you are with a given user. (Five stars represents being the most compatible.)
3. How can I edit my match preferences?
- Tap the bottom Settings icon > click “Match Preferences”
- You can edit who you’re interested in as well as your age preferences.
4. Why did I run out of people to match with?
There is currently no one that matches your preferences. Try expanding your match preferences by widening the age criteria that you are interested in. Our app is constantly growing, so if no matches are present after widening your age criteria, check back tomorrow or invite a match from another dating app to play with.
5. Why can’t I filter my search by distance?
We don’t want you to run out of users to swipe on! Velvet shows you users who are closest to your location first. If you swipe through all of these users, you will start seeing users in nearby locations.
6. What is the Instant Match ⚡ button?
You will receive 2 Instant Matches per day. Play with who you want, when you want. By tapping the Instant Match button, you can instantly start a game or chat with anyone that you please. No need to wait around to see if the other person likes you too. Cut the line and start playing!
7. Can I turn off my discover mode ?
- Tap the bottom Settings icon > turn off “Discover mode”
- If you decide to turn off your discover mode your profile will no longer be visible to other users. However, you can still play and chat with existing matches.
1. Once I match with a user or have invited a partner, what’s next?
There’s so much more to Velvet than just connecting you with another person. Once you have matches populated in your connection’s tab, click on that user. From here you you can choose from hundreds of games to play, chat with them, see previous game history, and view their profile.
2. How do I play a game with someone that I have matched with?
Tap on a match from your connections list and choose from the large variety of decks. Your partner will receive a push notification that you have started a new game with them. Once you both swipe through the 21 game cards you will be able to view what you matched on and chat further.
3. How do I send my partner a message?
Head over to your partners view and tap on the chat icon to start chatting.
4. How can I review previous game history with my partner?
Once you have entered into your partners view, you will see the history icon. You will be able to see all of the decks that you have played with that specific partner as well as the cards that you showed similar interests in.
1. How do I edit my Profile
- Tap the settings icon on the bottom navigation bar
- Click edit profile to edit your school, job, bio and images
2. How do I enable location services if I accidentally declined it?
- Open your device settings
- Scroll down and select Velvet
- Find the location option and make sure that “While Using the App” is selected
3. How can I change my location?
Your location is automatically tracked and cannot be changed manually. If you believe something is wrong with your location, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How can I manage my notifications?
Go to iOS Settings > Notifications > Velvet
5. How can I change my password?
If you’re logged out of the app, on the sign-in page select forgot password. Once you enter your recovery email, you will receive a link in your inbox to reset your password.
6. How do I delete my profile?
Email email@example.com to delete your account and you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of receipt that your account has been deleted.
7. Why has my photo been moderated?
We are hard at work to ensure that Velvet is a safe platform and that your images represent who you truly are. If your photo has been moderated, you will no longer be discoverable. This means that your profile will not be public to other users until you revise your images.
Your image may be moderated if it contains any of the following:
- If the photo doesn’t represent who you are
- If the photo contains nudity
- If your face is not clearly visible in the photo
Velvet Premium Subscription
1. How do I purchase the Velvet Premium subscription?
You may purchase the Velvet Premium subscription by going to settings and tapping Unlock Premium Decks.
2. What does the Velvet Premium subscription include?
The Velvet Premium subscription includes over 50 additional decks of intimate content and various other specialized content to play.
3. How do I cancel my Velvet Premium subscription membership?
- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen
- Tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in or use Touch ID
- Tap Subscriptions
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage
- Tap Cancel Subscription to cancel your subscription
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org